A Bumpy Landing

The spaceship. A once-glorious masterpiece that was capable of interstellar travel. Now it's crashed down in the centre of the Crystal Territories, by the edge of their holy lake. The AI is down, but the flickering power might just barely be enough to sap some energy from.
Bass
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here

Re: A Bumpy Landing

Post by Bass » 20 Oct 2019, 20:50

Bass had a moderate conversation with Alexis over the communicator, though it wasn't really packed with information. It was only the crucial details. Some stuff Bass had told James earlier were repeated, and some new information was brought over from Alexis' side. While there was a slight reference to what was happening, or rather had happened, Bass didn't catch on. It was certainly a relief for the tall woman to hear that they were on their way, though. Bass couldn't really tell the time despite having a watch on, as she couldn't read it out. Still, she figured 'a lot' of time had passed. While it was vague, it was a good measurement of sorts. A little activity of hers was to literally count time passing, so she began to do so as soon as their communication ended. She sighed and leaned back against the wall, raising her other hand to the tools as if checking if they were still there. They were, and Bass felt relief at that fact for some unknown reason.

Upon hearing James speak up again, Bass made sure that she had let go of the button on the device. No need to drain extra from the battery pack- if there was one. Bass frowned upon hearing his words, lowering the communicator onto her lap. She noticed that he was quite a good talker, but not good enough to instantly flip her opinion around like a switch. At least, given the situation. "I don't know, James." She mumbled, weakly shrugging as she stared blankly in James' direction. "I could have at least tried to talk to him or something. And speaking of liabilities, I have a feeling that's close to what I am, myself." Her mood was obviously souring again, but she continued. She wanted to tell this to him. Or perhaps, needed to. "I-I mean, I'm blind! Blind, and Alexis made multiple comments on how useless I am already. I don't--"

She stopped herself upon hearing Gemini's voice speaking over the communicator. She slowly raised it to her mouth and stared down, pressing the button on the device to be heard. While she couldn't see people's looks, her gut could definitely feel them for her. Such as James'. Bass cleared her throat, but her voice was still a bit wavy from earlier. "Um, I don't really know what sector, but James and I are in the engineering bay." She murmured, clutching the communicator harder than necessary. She held the communicator out a little afterwards, just in case the man next to her wanted to speak as well.

James Phosphor

Post by James Phosphor » 20 Oct 2019, 21:54

James would hear Bass’ statement which wasn’t all too shocking due to recent observations. Though, he didn’t want her to feel resentment towards herself just because of that. Anyone who is able to at least have a voice that may not even be vocal could have a use. This whole thing was a big mess and James had to accept that. His entire demeanor changed as he heard Gemini’s voice over the radio. He would quickly put his up to him as he pressed the button on it. He took a deep breath a bit excited to hear from her.

“Was it me or did I just hear Oobleck via radio?” He said trying to tease her a bit. He didn’t have much of a choice due to how dire the situation was. He also wasn’t sure if she was in great condition. “Are you or anyone else hurt?” He said hoping she made it through the crash alright. He wasn’t sure if was close by or not but he hoped to talk with her. He felt comfortable around her and was probably one of the few scientists he worked with that he actually liked. He didn’t know how she would though. It kind of brought him back to those days in the hospital... well they were made better by her. He just hoped for some sort of response.

Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside

Post by Nero Eldingar » 22 Oct 2019, 17:36

Looking out the window as they took off on the shuttle, Nero was hoping they wouldn't just kill each other. What Alexis said... Was kind of true. But Nero was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that. It would be a whole lot better if they were able to bide their time here and grow stronger before initiating any wars. Being a public enemy as soon as they got here would do them no favors.

"I don't like it either Gemini. I'll do what I can to stop this from getting out of hand."

They exchanged glances as he waited for he to get out of her seat first. Then followed her to the back, mostly to check on lang. He picked him back up after Gem nudged him.

"I'll keep my eye out for one. Once Bass tells you where she is, tell me. I'll go meet up with her. I might actually need her for something. In the mean time, tell me where you want this guy so you can get to examining him."

Nero didn't want to waste too much time if he were to find where the natives lived before anyone else. Night was already falling when they had landed. He isn't sure how long night lasts on this planet but he'd much rather venture out at night, and would rather not wait for tomorrow night.

Jackson Stewart
Character Location: Crystal Territories

Post by Jackson Stewart » 22 Oct 2019, 21:38

Jackson wakes up confused and hurting once he climbed out of the cryogenic pod but the ship itself was in bad condition.Jackson gained control of his body and placed his hand on his forehead,And he exclaimed “oh my god what happened”.
He finds enough of his equipment to continue,but realized that he had no communication tools so he was on his own.
His first priority was to survive the night he said”I’m glad I used virtual reality to practice sadly this is reality and I might die” he used his combat knife to try to gather wood,And he also made a small lean-too by the water.he was soaking wet he needed warmth and he said this”I’m going to freeze if I don’t make a fire,And so he tested the different trees fire reactivity by using his laser handgun to light wood same on fire and soon found the perfect one.he soon he lit the fire and decided to sleep he said “goodnight new world “ and fell asleep.

Jackson Stewart

Post by Jackson Stewart » 22 Oct 2019, 22:50

Jackson wakes up in a lean-too by Beautiful
Crystal lake “Jesus,I feel terrible I need to get up and find somebody or at least somewhere to rest he thought.”i need people”he said.

He gets up with the burning feeling of a thousand lava exoplanets in is head.
Jackson travels through the trees there seems to be something or somewhere of interest nearby.

Sei Renegade
Special Little Snowflake

Post by Sei Renegade » 27 Oct 2019, 22:11

error found ending chryonesies now
A fog would come out from the pod extending into the room around it
opening lid now
As the message was played the lid to the pod would open revealing sei sound asleep in his pod he eyes would slowly flinched open he would not knowing where he is get out with his ears still closed not even aware and slowly walk to the carrier in the genesis he would walk into a shuttle and fall right on the control panel of the shuttle
turning on engines

starting shuttle

The shuttle would fly off into the distant with a unconscious passenger aboard

(Thanks dab for letting me do this)
Reeeeeee its yeet or be yeeted

Jacob Lang
"Hex" The Fox Mask Dude

Post by Jacob Lang » 29 Oct 2019, 02:47

Lang didn't budge at all when Gemimi Nudged him, he was like a dead body for now. He was tired and just didn't want to do anything. Everything that had happened took a lot out of him and was still going over what had happened. Haley basically started a war.

As he was picked up by Nero he woke up from he deep thinking and loooked around, listening to what Nero was saying. The examination probably wouldn't be very useful since well, Lang cant talk at all because he is mute.
Do not fear what is new.

Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside

Post by Nero Eldingar » 01 Nov 2019, 19:00

After listening intently to the radio Gem looked at Nero.

"She's in the engineering bay. And you can just leave the guy here."

Perfect...

Nero was hoping that Bass could help him with his cybernetics. She mentioned fixing an arm before. He was sure she could help with maintenance and possibly some upgrades.

Nero sits the masked guy down in a passenger seat of the shuttle before heading off. While running down the halls he thinks about everything leading up to now. Mainly about everyone else's opinions on the matter.

He wasn't even sure if anyone besides the people involved knew what was going on with the aliens. All he knew is that Haley and Alexis both already have drastic measures in mind. He was hoping that he could figure things out himself before it came to that.

His internal thinking made the run to the engineering bay feel pretty short. Once he walks in he makes sure to let his presence be known for the blind woman.

"Hey Bass, it's me. Nero. Everything okay?"
Last edited by Nero Eldingar on 03 Nov 2019, 05:21, edited 2 times in total.

Bass

Post by Bass » 02 Nov 2019, 00:28

Bass calmly waited within the bay, her back still against the wall. She pulled the communicator back to herself, looking back down again. While she was happy someone was finally coming to get her, she couldn't help but let her thoughts wander. Would the others glad to see her again? A simple question in her mind slowly changed to more disturbing, more questionable thoughts. They were even bordering on downright depressing shortly before Nero entered the room, but thankfully his 'appearance' made those thoughts go away and gave her a small bit of reassurance. As soon as she heard the footsteps, she surprisingly didn't expect anything to be raiding them this time. Instead, she thought it might be Gemini.

"Hey Bass, it's me. Nero. Everything okay?"

"O-oh..." She quietly mumbled to herself, having to take a second to recognize that it wasn't who she expected, but someone else. Someone else who she knew! She quickly hopped up onto her feet and stuffed her communicator away, a small smile on her face. "Nero, you're here!" She exclaimed, looking in his general direction. Although she was curious why Nero was here and not Gemini, her brain instantly changed over to making her explain what she had done so far. Having lingered on doubtful thoughts earlier, it felt more natural to do so.

"Oh, Nero, I found lots of tools while I was here! Uh, most of them are broken, but I'm sure we'll be able to fix them up again." She pointed to where she remembered having stacked the tools, turning a little in their direction. "And there's some little machines in there as well! Alexis also said she wanted something to do with night vision, but I couldn't manage to find anything related to that so, uh... um..." Her little rant slowly grinded to a halt as she suddenly had a lot more trouble figuring out what to say. It felt like she had done so much more here, yet it was still so little once she explained it. Her brain instantly switched back to self-deprecation and she spaced out, even.

Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside

Post by Nero Eldingar » 03 Nov 2019, 05:55

A confused expression began to form on his face as Bass spoke. He wasn't quite sure what Alexis had asked her to do, he must have missed that. It was quite obvious though that she was asked to gather some supplies to possibly build something? It wasn't 100% obvious, but he wondered why Alexis would send Bass of all people for this task.

He felt kind of bad for thinking that way as Bass ended her monologue. It was a bit apparent that she was feeling inadequate, and possibly even a liability. A small smile began to replace his confused look as he approached Bass. He extended a hand out, having to slightly reach upward to pat Bass on the head.

"Great work, Bass."

He admired her will to be useful. A blind person wouldn't be blamed for staying on the sidelines. But Bass obviously didn't want to be that person. She gained a bit of his respect, and he was excited to see what she really brought to the table.

"This actually all works out perfectly. I was going to seek you out for some help with my cybernetics. I remember you said you fixed someone's arm before, so I was hoping you could maybe assist me with attaching some modifications if we can find them."

Bass

Post by Bass » 03 Nov 2019, 13:39

Her little spaced out period didn't last too long as she soon felt Nero's cybernetic hand lightly tap her on the head twice. She quickly frowned, but it wasn't from the man's gesture. She wasn't quite sure how some emotions were portrayed on the human body, but she must have done something to make him do that. In other words, it made her feel somewhat embarrassed that she was indirectly and unconsciously showing so much of her own thoughts. It didn't last too long though, as when she started to speak, her frown faded by itself. Her thoughts weren't though, although his praise eased them.

"Sorry-- but thank you. I suppose I could also help you with your uh, your cybernetics." Bass couldn't help but feel a bit silly at the moment. It's as if everything was thrown out of balance. "But can we do that once we're at the base? Or maybe in the plane? I'm kind of unsure about being on this ship, still." The tall woman, raised a hand to her chin as a thoughtful gesture.

Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside

Post by Nero Eldingar » 07 Nov 2019, 20:43

Nero became confused once more. He slowly scratched the back of his head as he tried to think about what base she could be referring to. Alexis and Gemini couldn't have set one up just yet, he was sure they flew around the general area for the most part. In his mind the Genesis itself could serve as a base. Especially if the aliens wind up wanting to fight, there are no plants he could think of within the Genesis to manipulate. And he was confident they couldn't have them grow out of the metal floors and walls within the ship.

"We have a base? When and where?"

He began to collect the things Bass had found, handing some to her so she can carry them.

"Unless it's fully equipped I was thinking this ship would serve as a fine base. It has everything we need pretty much."

Bass

Post by Bass » 08 Nov 2019, 16:16

Bass didn't mind being given extra items to carry on herself as she quietly listened to Nero. She adjusted her arms in order to carry everything without letting a single thing fall down, yet it all felt unstable in her hold. Instead of grumbling to herself, she soon spoke out her worries to the man before her.

"You all arrived with the plane, right? Alexis said she would scout the area along with someone else to search for a place to build up a base. I would honestly prefer that than staying here, too. I mean, this ship crashed! It's... I don't think it's safe, sorry." She paused for a moment, looking down at the ground next to her where the pile used to be. She couldn't see if they had taken everything, but she could hope. That hope seemed to be dying more the more time passed. "I wasn't able to communicate with her via the radio, so I'm guessing something else happened...?" She shifted on the spot, frowning again. Deciding to force herself to think positive, she looked back up and wiped her frown away. She wasn't quite looking at Nero, but she couldn't be blamed for that. "Unless Alexis is already working on the base... You simply didn't know about it yet."

Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside

Post by Nero Eldingar » 10 Nov 2019, 04:26

Looking around to be sure he had gotten everything as he listened to Bass, he stopped and looked at her when she said 'I'm guessing something else happened...'

She must not know...

Nero only hoped that Bass wouldn't react as negatively as some of the others did. He wasn't sure what a bad reaction out of her would even be. Surely she wouldn't react how Haley or Alexis did. But maybe she will get really mad like Sarah. Depending on how she reacts he may consider bringing her along to wherever the aliens went... Maybe...

"Uh.. Yeah. Something else happened."

He began to feel a bit of guilt as he prepared to explain to Bass.

"As I think you know, Haley and I set up to attack if needed and well... Haley interpreted something as hostile so.. we attacked. We got Jäger back but.. more of the aliens showed up. They were able to manipulate plants or something. They began to ensnare everyone except for me and Haley who managed to get away. Alexis must have seen everything from above and began to shoot... She killed a few of them. We aren't sure what the aliens are going to do but we can't assume it's anything good."

Waiting a bit for his words to sink in he resumes to speak to tell her of his plan.

"Haley and Alexis already want to prepare for war. I don't think it needs to come to that. After I upgrade and recharge I planned on tracking the aliens down and hopefully talk with them."

Nero decided to leave out his plan if the talking doesn't work.
Last edited by Nero Eldingar on 10 Nov 2019, 04:26, edited 1 time in total.

Bass

Post by Bass » 10 Nov 2019, 13:33

Bass felt her optimism slipping away from Nero's longer pause. Having tried to see the best in the situation, a bit of silence meant that something was different from her expectations. It didn't necessarily mean that it had to be worse, but that's what it often came to in her experience. Otherwise, it would simply be a pleasant surprise which she would prefer. Nero knew something she didn't, and soon that would change.

Bass unconsciously started hugging herself- though tried to disguise it as crossing her arms- as Nero began to speak, almost instantly hearing out his slight nervousness. She quietly listened to his explanation of what happened to the others and what transpired while Bass was here in the crashed Genesis. Having already been frowning, throughout his explanation the biggest reaction he got out of her was a nervous glance to the side or a small, defeated sigh. She was more than troubled, but she simply wasn't sure how to show it or announce it to Nero.

Bass cleared her throat, a cold sweat forming. Even with the small pause for his words to sink in, she still felt as if she didn't absorb everything he had just told. In a way, it felt a bit like something that was made up to scare her. But it wasn't. She was beginning to feel dizzy and somewhat sick as well, even though there were no dead bodies around.

"A-Alright, so I'm... u-uh, the aliens are sentient and smart?" She guessed merely upon his phrasing within his explanation. She wasn't sure if she wanted the answer now, so she kept going to save herself some time. Her voice picked up in speed, a nice display of how frantic she was getting. "And some of them died, and they took some of us with themselves, and you want to go in and talk." With a mixture between a cough and clearing her throat yet again, she shook her head a little. "Are you sure? What if they're dead? What if they're going to kill--"

She stopped herself, tightly squeezing her side with her other hand. Bass winced a little at how strong she gripped herself. She didn't quite calm herself down, but she was able to stop her thoughts for the moment. Thinking in such a way wasn't going to be good, and from what the tall lady understood, Nero seemed dead set on what he was going to do. A little snap away from chaos was all that was needed.

"Right... Talk."

Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside

Post by Nero Eldingar » 11 Nov 2019, 20:58

He wasn't at all surprised Bass looked worried. He was glad though that she didn't snap at him in anger. He isn't quite who sure who exactly is mad at who among them but he probably looks bad since he technically drew first blood with his attack. Of course.. Bass wouldn't know that.

"Yeah, the aliens seem sentient at the very least. It's hard to gauge how 'smart' they are through the short interaction but they did seem... organized. They way they all dropped in. It's important to note that they didn't begin attacking immediately. Nor did they begin attacking once the shots were fired.. They began to retreat..."

Taking a second to think about it as he said it, this told him that they aren't killers by nature. His plan could work as long as there is an actual way to talk to them.

"There was a guy out there with a mask. I think he communicated with the alien before we attacked. Not with words though... They were just kind of looking at each other. The alien did make some screeching sound. That's when Haley gave the signal to attack. Afterward the masked guy became incredibly hostile. Too hostile to just write off as being mad..."

He sighed as he finished his speech, pushing aside the doubts that began to creep in the back of his mind.

"We don't have much time. We should get going."

Bass

Post by Bass » 12 Nov 2019, 12:56

The tall lady had dealt with herself before Nero had brought over the news, and her mind was still working over what he just said. It still didn't seem real to her, and it especially wasn't right from the way she saw it. She understood why the others reacted how they did but wasn't behind the way they acted, at least with how Nero put it for her. The bit with the man in the mask came off as interesting to her, and she made sure to keep that in the back of her head for now. She would simply have to hear the mask out, she guessed.

Bass looked as if she wanted to say something before they decided to head onward, but didn't say anything. She simply looked upset, holding a portion of the things she gathered at the Genesis. After hearing Nero start to depart at a pace that was easy enough for Bass to follow, the blind woman started following after him yet again. She slouched a bit while doing so as a measure to not hit her head against anything on their way back to what she assumed was the plane.

Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside

Post by Nero Eldingar » 12 Nov 2019, 19:24

Occasionally looking back to be sure Bass was following along fine, he lead her through the halls of the Genesis. When it was necessary he would guide her around any exposed wiring and other minor obstacles as they made their way to the shuttle. As they walked he proposed an idea to Bass.

"I don't normally make a suggestion like this but... You might be one of the last sane humans left. If you want, you could come with me to track the aliens. I will be very honest, once we find them I would probably want to use you as a scout or decoy, sending you in there with a radio. I don't think they would kill you on sight, but that is a possibility. The trip may or may not be long, and it will be very tough. It's up to you if you want to come."

He didn't expect her to answer right away. He imagined that she might want to go, but she seemed smart, and going out there as a non combatant isn't the best idea.

The rest of the walk to the hanger was mostly silent until Nero notified her that they arrives, and warned her to watch her step as they walked up the shuttle's ramp. Once they were in he noticed the masked guy was still there, but Gemini seemed to be missing. After placing the things Bass gathered down he approached the guy still tangled in the roots, crouched down and tilted his head up to look him in his eyes. Or rather... his mask's eyes.

"Where did Gemini go?"

Bass

Post by Bass » 13 Nov 2019, 10:03

Bass quietly thanked him every time she was guided around a potential danger while they made their way to the shuttle. She thought that the way there was going to be an awkward yet mutual silence between the two until it was broken by Nero. Not that she didn't mind.

She listened to him, mentally cringing at a few points here and there. At the same time, she felt the same need as earlier to at least do something yet again. From the sound of it, she guessed that there wouldn't be much to do otherwise other than more waiting. As Nero expected, she only responded a bit later than she would have liked. "What will you be doing if I'm the scout or decoy, then? That doesn't really sound... safe. If they want to kill me on sight and you stop them, how will you talk to them? They speak in their own language, from what you said."

Once they had finally arrived at the plane again, Bass relaxed somewhat. She was glad to be on the same vehicle as before, but the lack of other's voices made her somewhat on edge. She went over to where she remembered the materials being, feeling around with her foot for a moment before laying her items down as well. She raised a hand to feel around for the wall before resting upon it.

"Where did Gemini go?" Bass turned her head in the general direction of Nero upon hearing him speak up, tilting her head in curiosity. All this time, she still wasn't sure who Gemini nor Haley was.

Jacob Lang
"Hex" The Fox Mask Dude

Post by Jacob Lang » 13 Nov 2019, 18:41

During the time when Nero when in search of Bass Lang have actually fallen asleep, though he did so after Gemini. However, he was unable to see where she had gone, though depending on the sound of the foot step, she either went to the right or to the left. After she had left he fell asleep, only to be woke up by Nero when he lifted Langs head.

He had a big of trouble hearing when he first woke up but he heard the words 'Gemini go' which probably when he was asking where Gemini had gone, of course he still cannot talk so he just stared at Nero through the mask and shrugged. He had also noticed after waking up that the roots around him were slightly looser than before he fell asleep. He make be able to loosen them a bit more so he could escape.
Do not fear what is new.