A Bumpy Landing

The spaceship. A once-glorious masterpiece that was capable of interstellar travel. Now it's crashed down in the centre of the Crystal Territories, by the edge of their holy lake. The AI is down, but the flickering power might just barely be enough to sap some energy from.
Storyteller

Plane A Bumpy Landing

Post by Storyteller » 11 Oct 2019, 21:58

Storyteller wrote:Continued from: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22
The metal was rent, crushed, compacted under the sheer force and strain of the collision. Water pushed and smashed against the hull, denting and tearing through the heavily plated alloys. Wafts of steamy dew rippled up into the sky as the searing ship touched the cool water, and a gloriously large spray engulfed the surrounding land, like a huge garden sprinkler. Like a stone skipping across a river, the downed spaceship skidded forwards, the rear half crumpling and water gushing to fill the open hangar. Multiple shockwaves ran out, and the ground shook. Even harsh waves ran through the air.

As the mere moments passed, the ship soon became a wrecked husk, split completely in two down the middle as the water cut and tore apart metal bolts. It skidded to a halt with the bridge just barely beached up on the shore, and the tail buried deep in the middle of the lake. The thrusters still fizzed continuing to pulse, and steam continued to rise up from the burning hot metal chassis.

While the bridge was surprisingly intact, the force was powerful, so its inhabitants would have been lucky to survive without injury. They wouldn't be sleeping comfortably, tonight. Meanwhile, the interior of the ship was not so lucky. Some cryopods were safe, whilst others were submerged in water.

Native creatures ran and screamed in panic, while others looked upon the metal wreck with curiosity or anger. This thing had crashed upon their home, their sacred crystal lake. It wouldn't be long until the church was informed of this transgression, whereby the flooding of the ship would be the least of the humans' worries.
Dabony wrote:And this ends my storyteller intervention, now that the main event has occurred. I'll give you all a heads up next time I have something big planned, but for now, you're able to do as you please without being railroaded by me. If you ever want storyteller intervention in your threads, just shoot this account a message with the details, or post in the help desk.
Last edited by Storyteller on 11 Oct 2019, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Darkhon
Definitely not an F key
Character Location: Kruheia's Isles
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here

Re: A Bumpy Landing

Post by Sam Darkhon » 11 Oct 2019, 22:32

Sam was the first to recover. He was alive, which was a plus. Fighting the pain from where his restraint held him in, he released it before going over to check on Drake and Sarah, releasing them. Slowly walking over to the door, he noticed it was jammed shut, the metal dented around the servo that opened it. Grabbing his vibroblade, he turned it on before pressing it against the door. When he tried pressing it, the armored shell resisted the blade. Looking around more at the damaged bridge, he noticed the wiring and circuitry. It was a long shot, but it might work. Turning his blade on the consoles, he took out the batteries. His idea likely wouldn’t be particularly healthy for the motors of the door, but escaping was more important. By overcharging the motors, Sam hoped the motors would either blast the door open or shatter the hinges. Either result worked, as he just needed it not in his way.
Out of context quotes:
“We have giant anacondas meandering around while psychically blogging every thought in their mind.”
“Literally jam the planetary defense cannons with their own bodies.”
“Who needs ethics? It’s just liberation.”

Jacob Lang
"Hex" The Fox Mask Dude
Character Location: Crystal Territories

Post by Jacob Lang » 11 Oct 2019, 23:18

Lang slowly woke from his Cryo-sleep. He looked around, slightly confused at his suroundings, his Cry-pod a quarter full or water, mangled wires all around him. Outside his pod the room was full of water, cracks in the glass of his pod slowly letting water in. He slowly started to panic, he needed to get to the Locker that had his stuff it in without drowning right away. It was gonna be hard but he had to let the water into his Pod slowly so he wouldn't be pushed into the back wall as it flodded him. He crouched down in his pod- an uncofortable position- and made a small crack in the bottom right using his prosthetic arm. The water started to pour in a bit faster, the water now half way into his pod.

"I need to have it so the water is coming it at a rate where once it reaches near the top of the pod I can take a deep breath and pry open the Pod door." Lang thought to himself, it should work. Once again her crouched down, his head submerged in the water, making it hard to see, making the crack in the bottom right of the glass a bit bigger, more water Leaking in. He then noticed that the water in the room wasn't all the way to the top, there was about half an inch of breathing room if he needed it, though he would only be able to take a couple of breaths. The Water now three quarters the way in his Cry-pod his heart rate increased.

He waited around a minute, the water was just about to the top so Lang made his move, He took a deep breath of air, anchoring his legs to the side of the Pod and Prying the Pod door open in a few seconds. He swam over to the locker, He struggled to open it, there must not be a lot of water in it. Lang had to take a gulp of air, swimming up to the top of the room he exhaled then inhaled, swimming back down the the locker he was finally able to open it. Pulling out only three things, a Vibro-Blade Katana, a Small bag with a tent inside it, and a portable Solar Panel. He looked around, finding a door that led up to another deck of the ship, His ticket out of this nighmare.
Last edited by Jacob Lang on 12 Oct 2019, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
Do not fear what is new.

Sarah Jäger
Psycho Mechanic
Character Location: STS Genesis-02

Post by Sarah Jäger » 12 Oct 2019, 00:23

Sarah awoke with a groan and emptied the last of the contents from her stomach. God she felt like pure dog shit each bone in her body ached. She could have sworn she was about to die, and when she woke that pretty much confirmed it, it happened. "We fucking lived! Haha! This is the greatest thing ever! Wait... if that's true... where are we?"

Sarah unstrapped herself and leaped onto her feet, she went behind the man known as sam and watched what he was doing. She was intrigued but at the same time she wanted to get the fuck out of her quick. she turned to look outside through the window of the bridge, they were just above water. FUCK she just realized her buddy was probably fuckin drowned. There was no way she was getting that thing out of here... she didn't even know if she was going to get out of here alive.

She tapped Sam's shoulder. "Hey got any ideas on how were going to get out? Cause i'm drawing a blank, then again my whole mind is blank cause of the crash and the amount of nutrients ive lost."
Last edited by Sarah Jäger on 12 Oct 2019, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.

Jacob Lang
"Hex" The Fox Mask Dude

Post by Jacob Lang » 12 Oct 2019, 00:41

Lang swam towards the door, Luckly it was easy to open unlike his locker. Behind the door was a set of stairs, he swam up most os the stairs till the water stopped, then continued, walking up the stairs to the deck above. His clothes, hair, and mask were soaked in this plaents water- there was relatively little damage on this part of the ship, although as he kept walking there was more and more damage, he needed to find a way out, there was probably a hole on the hull for her to climb out of. He began strapping his equip ment to himself, his Katana went on his lower back and his strapped the bag with the tent in it over his shoulder as well as putting the Portable Solar panel in there. "Fuck, what the fuck happened? Something must of his the ship, a stray astroid? No, very unlikely. They plotted the Course.. there was nothing that could of hit us, but something did."

He began hearing some voices up ahead. Only one person so far. He ignored them for now, only trying to find his way out of this mess. they would most likely hear his heavy footsteps, his clothes make him heavier from how much water they were soaked in. He started to wonder if there were even people on this planet, or what they would look like. Most people that had been not been strapped in were mostly dead, people in Cry-pods that had yet to wake up would be ok, unless they were submerged in water, they would drown. Lang was lucky enough to had woken up right after the crash, any longer and he would of died.
Do not fear what is new.

Sam Darkhon
Definitely not an F key

Post by Sam Darkhon » 12 Oct 2019, 01:43

“I was planning on breaking the door’s motor. I have a pocket reactor, and I think I can juryrig a capacitor or borrow the power cell of my bike. Once the doors motor is overloaded, the whole motor and hinge assembly will hopefully go to pieces. The motor won’t survive, but quite frankly that’s not a major concern right now. Once the motor assembly breaks, we should be able to just swing it open from the hinge. Alternatively, if one of us has a plasma weapon, we could just cut the door off. My vibroknife does jack against the doors armor.” Sam continued to cut at the consoles wires, his knife humming as it sliced through the wiring and the circuit board. Getting up, he then went over to where his bike was and unplugged the reactor and the bikes power cell, moving a twisted plate that had fallen onto it to do so. “If this sparks, stay back. My energy vest will protect me from the surges long enough for me to overload the motor assembly.” Even as he tried to sound confident, he knew it was only a hope. He was not sure this was going to work, and he hoped it didn’t show.
Out of context quotes:
“We have giant anacondas meandering around while psychically blogging every thought in their mind.”

Jacob Lang
"Hex" The Fox Mask Dude

Post by Jacob Lang » 12 Oct 2019, 02:08

After a few minutes of walking he finally found a hole in the ship, barelly big enough for him to fit through. He though for a few seconds, wondering what exactly would be out there, he peeked out of the hole, seeing trees, the lake the ship was in and a few.... 'things' outside of the ship. He wasn't sure if he should leave the ship or not. He could climb down though it would be risky seeing as he was around 60 feet in the air., There were plenty of things to hold onto if he climbed down though there was a 10 foot drop near the bottom of the ship. Lang would take his chances, he saw this as an opportunity to socialize with an entire alien race!

"Im going to have to climb down, would these.. people attack me though? Seeing as to do have a weapon, but what are their weapons. They don't look to advanced in their civilization, maybe they only have been around for.. a few thousand years?" Lang was in deep thought and snapped out of it fairly quickly. Climbed through the hole, sliding down a bit as he got a foor hold and a bent piece of hull. then he realize would could just jump into the water below, though it probably wouldn't be very deep. Lang jumped anyway, pencil diving into the water, htting his feet and the lake-bed and swimming to the shore of the lake.
Do not fear what is new.

Sarah Jäger
Psycho Mechanic

Post by Sarah Jäger » 12 Oct 2019, 02:48

Sarah didn't like how that sounded but it wasn't like she could do anything about it. The thing was mechanical but it needed power, and we were out of it. Save for this guys reactor. Wait if he has power then she could just rig it up herself. "Hey hand that to me real quick, I can get this running breifly with that reactors of yours. I can just use rewire the motor system so when it's powered it brings the door up to the locks and stays open"

Sam was unsure but it seemed better than his idea. So he handed the reactor and power cell to her. She fiddled with the cut and uncut wiring until the door slammed upwards and locked itself open, she had placed the powercell next to the wires and plugged them in. The result? It was a powerful reaction but it worked, the door lifted up. Into what she didn't know but behind it was definitely interesting to see the inside relatively alright, save for the pouring water.

She looked back at Sam and smiled "got it." She walked through, god she hated water but there was no way around it, not id she wanted to have a chance at living. So she dived under and swam. She swam forward down the hallways, she managed to get into the vehicle bay, and too her suprise it was completely sliced in half. And parts and tools were sinking into the shallow sand. As well as the compact buggy boxes. She would just need to find them. They would be light considering they keep air inside them in the case of emergencies, and the boxes themselves floated. In fact, boxes from the vehicle bay were stuck on the remnants of the ceiling and some are rising to the surface. She followed them to the surface finally breaking for air. "Gah, ah... ah... cough auh cough cough auh.... fuck I hate bodies of water." She was tired but she needed this buggy.

She waded through the water, bouncing off floating ship debris to the boxes in question, they were marked by four numbers. The first is squad then the final product, and lastly part group. She sort of left Sam behind but he should be able to follow and even if he didn't he seemed capable. She grabbed the first floating box as well as a broken cable tie lying next to it. She tied herself to the box, the number was three. If she remembered properly their were five boxes.

Using the first box as a floaty she waded through the water, coming past a few boxes that didn't match and then she found one to the right set. The part group of number one. She grabbed the handle and did the same thing she did last time, except she tied it to her waist instead of just under her hip.

The water was cold but the sun beat down on her so it was offsetting. She waded through the water and the debris some more until she came across two boxes and both matched her set, problem was she already had part group one. But part group five was written on the other one so that was nice.

Two more she told herself two more. That's all she needed. She kept telling herself this like a mantra, it kept her motivated, without a vehicle on another planet how was she going to be able to do anything, especially since her only use was that she was a good mechanic and she was a battle tested driver. She found the main group and waded through box after box until she found two and four grouped up together. She did the same thing she did with the last three. Except she had to hold onto one while she had the other two tied to her and under her arms. She had made a floaty out of all the boxes and slowly but surely started her journey to the shore. After all that her throat, arm, legs and mind was tired. So when she finally made her way onto the shore she clambered up the shore with the boxes tied to her and collapsed onto the near by grass, passing out again except this one was out of exhaustion.

Drāke Cliffell

Post by Drāke Cliffell » 12 Oct 2019, 02:57

Where?.. Where am... What’s goin- W-AIT

Drāke Woke slowly, groaning as he did so. There was no pain of a cut or large wound but there was a large pain of muscle cramps tears an who knows what else. It wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon. But as he slowly slipped into his skin again. He tried to move first. He moved his legs, he manages to get his foot to stand on the ground. Then his hand, he felt his fingers in his right hand touch the console in front of him. Then he attempted his left arm, his prosthetic one, he felt the fingers slowly move, he knew it was low on charge. he need to figure something out for that. Maybe this bridge housed the pieces needed to do so. Maybe whilst he does that he can make a new helper. Perhaps.

He then began to move step by step he walked to the door and then to Sam. “So what’s the plan now? New planet new things. I don’t know about you but i think i might take a few parts from this place and use it for the future.” Drāke Meant it, once they had a plan he was going to tear out a few pieces maybe for the idea’s he just had. Maybe he could make some diving gear at some point and he could go scavenging every so often

“We might want to figure something out soon though.”

Sam Darkhon
Definitely not an F key

Post by Sam Darkhon » 12 Oct 2019, 15:27

Sam pulled the power cell and reactor, walking back over to his bike. “Well, we should probably start by exiting the cockpit.” Putting the energy cell back, it clicked into place. They, he folded the bike back up so he could carry it. Looking towards Drake, Sam spoke. He was eager to get out of the shell and into the world, exploring the pristine lake. “Shall we explore this new world and see what it has to offer?”
Out of context quotes:

Drāke Cliffell

Post by Drāke Cliffell » 12 Oct 2019, 18:40

A new world. That’s a way to think of it. We don’t even know what exist here.

Drāke grabbed up his bike that was luckily still mostly intact it would need some repairs soon though. He searched a few consoles for a lot of scrape the would be useful for the ideas he had. Time was with him now, but he didn’t take his time. He grabbed up a few microchips, wiring panels, and a bit more. He then got onto his bike, switched it to dirt mode, he knew what ever was to come it wouldn’t be streets.

“Ready as can be. Though I suggest at some point we stop and rest. I need to fix some stuff up as well as recharge.” He gestured at is slow prosthetic arm that wasn’t keeping up with him as much as he would like. “But I’m ready when you are. So lets ride.” He revved his bike but gestured for Sam to take the lead. He did so so if anything happened Sam would lead, and Drāke could react, he doubted that is guy was much of a fighter. But still, you know what they say about assumptions.

Lets see how much God hates me for my sins.

Sam Darkhon
Definitely not an F key

Post by Sam Darkhon » 12 Oct 2019, 19:00

Sam unfolded his bike quickly. If they were riding, Sam didn’t want to be left behind. As he boarded it, he lifted the kickstand before carefully accelerating. The bridge was snapped off, and it was obvious that it wasn’t a clean snap. Turning the corner, he found a section of the floor that had collapsed, creating a natural ramp down a floor. At the end of the ramp, a section of the hull had been ripped off, the edges still sizzling slightly where they met the crystalline sand. Pulling off to the side, he found the bikes acceleration was hindered. Sam had gone with a lighter bike intended for rocks, and the sand gave little resistance for the wheels to grip. Looking around, he noticed they were on the edge of a large lake. In the center lay the rear of the ship, steam rising as the water cooled the hull. Looking back at the bridge section, he was shocked at how mangled it was. Sections of hull were ripped out by the impact, sending fragments of metal across the beach.
Out of context quotes:

Drāke Cliffell

Post by Drāke Cliffell » 13 Oct 2019, 02:28

Now lets get on with what we need to

Drāke followed behind Sam but kept a little bit of distance, it they were outside, as he saw the ramp he jumped it and the landed fancy, showing off a little. He couldn’t lie he didn’t get very many chances to do this so he was using it to the fullest. He then revved and took off going into the sand. His bike when in this mode was built for it, so he looked and noted that Sam wasn’t exactly do well, his bike wasn’t built for it. But Drāke didn’t exactly slow up he more so just used the extra time to have his own fun.

Drāke though had to be careful, not only for crystals that scattered the beach but of the scrape metal, he had to do turns, stops, and a few jumps to get around them with the amount that he was doing. Though he wasn’t having the fun to the fullest extent as his arm was slower, so he didn’t want to push his luck.

So far so good lets if continues.

Bass

Post by Bass » 13 Oct 2019, 20:43

Ironically, Bass waved at Alexis and the other stranger as she got ready to enter the wreckage that was once a glorious ship. Not deciding to wait for a response of any kind, she turned and moved somewhat to the left. She started carefully moving ahead, ducking out of habit due to her old life in the busy, busy city to not bump her head. She quickly find the walls and started using them as a support. Bass was glad there was gravity, at least. This ship was supposed to take them somewhere else, somewhere... well, Bass wasn't too sure on the details. She simply wanted to get away from the life of the city. Her wish was definitely fulfilled, but not in the way she had hoped.

It was silent inside of the STS Genesis other than the occasional spark of destroyed wiring that decided to chip into the silence every now and then. Bass stopped a few steps into the shipwreck, reaching for her communicator and holding it to her ear. There was very faint static to be heard, which Bass could only guess that the communicator was on. She was thankful for that, and quickly stuffed it back into her pockets once more before moving down the ramps. The way was rather straightforward and surprisingly 'clean' for a part of the ship that had just crash landed. Some tiles on the wall had fallen, allowing a normal person to see the inner workings of the ship. All of the lights were deactivated, and the deeper one went, the less one would see. The faint smell of smoke hung in the air despite no fires being able to be heard. Bass could only hope that what she heard, smelled and felt didn't get worse than it already was. Deep down, she knew that it simply had to be that way.

Having maneuvered her way past the multiple ramps that lead downwards, Bass paused once she felt her hand suddenly move around a corner. She curled her hand and held the corner tight, slowly moving forwards into the unknown that awaited her as she unconsciously ducked once again.

The engineering bay.

The engineering bay was big, but it wasn't able to hold a candle in comparison to something like the hangar. Broken machines of all types littered the corners, the walls and were thrown about in the room. The room was nearly pitch black with the exception of a flickering light trying to fight the darkness near the left corner closest to Bass. Stands meant to hold objects were thrown to the floor and even snapped in half. Multiple cabinets meant for housing machine parts or showcasing what the engineers and scientists had accomplished were tossed onto their side or on their belly. Boxes lay around, busted open or still heavily damaged while still staying sealed shut. Pipes that were connected to the walls were broken, but it seemed the oxygen subsystem had already settled down after being broken. To the right was a large metal door with a large space in the middle which was designed for a window. The air inside of the room was stale and somewhat thin. The room was completely quiet, but any sound- Bass' footsteps, for example- would easily echo through it as if trying to preserve the sound for as long as possible.

Bass slowly started trailing the walls, feeling her feet walk upon multiple loose papers and books, cables and shattered glass every now and then. She was already set on what she wanted to do, and thankfully, this was going to take a while. Alexis mentioned she would have about an hour or so, though this could easily take longer. For good reasons, that is. She guessed most items in here would be useless or broken, but she found it nice to collect as much as possible anyways.

Starting off with loose tools that were laying on the floor and she almost tripped on, she started to pile those up to the left of the entryway after having done a full circle around the room. Most of the tools here had used energy, she was sure, and Bass wasn't sure what some of them even were. Bass started making her second trip around the room again, mentally making a note of the door at the right as he did so. Broken cases and small parts of machines were added to the small pile of tools she collected. She even decided to pick up a few books at random and neatly place them next to the pile, too. Perhaps more information would be nice! Along with all of that, she placed what she guessed to be a smashed radio down onto the pile as well another, smaller machine Bass wasn't quite sure of what it was. But it was, and that's what was important.

Her third trip around the room, Bass didn't find much else of interest without straying too far from the walls, and she didn't really like the prospect of getting lost in the mess. By now, it was slowly starting to dawn on her that she was in fact hungry, and that a lot of time must have passed. Bass frowned upon recalling the amount of food there was in the spacecraft the scientist was piloting. It didn't feel like much, that was for sure. If worst came to worse, she decided that the others might as well have the food. Alexis was right, after all. Bass wasn't too useful to the group, even if she hated to admit that. For a moment, her thoughts grew darker as she contemplated giving the others a better survival chance by removing herself from their group, but those were quickly disregarded. Her mood didn't recover as fast as she'd like.

Bass slowly made her way to the metal door she had discovered on her second time around the room, stopping once close enough. It was big, it was out of steel and it was closed with no sign of opening. She felt around on the door for a moment to check if there was any code required for a panel, or a simple lock. It turned out to be a panel, to which Bass lit up slightly. "Oh thank the heavens...!" She quietly murmured to herself. She instantly tested how secure the outer layer of the security panel was, and it nearly fell off upon touch. It landed on her foot, which made her wince, but she tried to shrug it off as she moved it to the side with the single foot it landed on. "Ow..." She whined to herself, carefully poking around the innards of the mechanism.

She had only worked on a door like this once before, but last time, she had to repair it. She wasn't quite sure on what she needed to do, but a few ideas sprung into her head after every few minutes. Yet, something was off. All of the cables inside were already cut or destroyed in some fashion. She tried to connect a few to see what would happen, but ultimately, nothing happened. With a shake of her head, Bass gave up on the panel and kicked the part away that had landed on her earlier. "Why do I got to be useless..." She mumbled to herself, sounding exactly as sad as she was upset. For the moment, she walked back to her little group of materials, machines and tools and sat down next to it. It wasn't that comfortable, especially with how the floor was somewhat tilted. This ship didn't have a good landing, after all. The tall woman sat there for a while in annoyance before remembering she had the long range communicator Alexis had given her. She quickly pulled it out of her pocket and checked if it was still on by listening for small traces of static. There was, and she instantly held down the nearest button and spoke into the device. The static stopped as she pressed the button.

"Hello...?" She spoke up, sounding worn down and upset from all of the work and self-reflection she had done.

James Phosphor

Post by James Phosphor » 13 Oct 2019, 22:26

James’ cryopod door slowly began to loosen as he opened his eyes. He would gasp for air and examined the area. He did set his cryopod to open a little later but he didn’t know where everyone was. He expected one or two people to be in the scientific ward. He came to the realization that most of it was destroyed as his door opened out. He fell out of the cryopod onto his side and stumbled to his feet. He regained his balance and looked around. His tools and research papers were either strewn about or broken, James would call out hoping that somebody would answer.

“Hello?!” He said as he stumbled around. He was steadily becoming more and more awake until he came to the realization that there was little to no power in the ward. A radio was sitting on the floor and he heard some noise from it. He would go towards it and would examine it. It seemed like it was in decent condition which was surprising for the current state his ward was in. He picked it up and would press the button to talk.

“Is anyone there? Am I tired or is something wrong?” He said as he would stumble over to the door which happened to be sideways. He would try open it to no results. He proceeded to tear off the panel to see what the problem was. The door’s power happened to be cut off. He would start to activate the storm modification on his right prosthetic. He would press it against the panel as the door loosened. He forced it open and began to try and squeeze through. He crawled through and looked down hall which was practically a slide. The bottom half of it was submerged and looked like rather treacherous. He began to descend down the hall looking for signs of anyone or a response from the radio.
Last edited by James Phosphor on 14 Oct 2019, 05:52, edited 2 times in total.

Thomas Hauer

Post by Thomas Hauer » 14 Oct 2019, 19:59

Thomas had imagined waking up would be a glamorous affair, welcome staff ready and waiting with his new life and a bottle of something cheap. Instead it felt a lot like a hangover. He was battered, that much was certain - oh he'd had it worse, sure, but there was something about the loss of control that brought back bad memories. These weren't bruises he'd earned. And it was cold too. Of course he'd expected that much, but taking it with everything else just made the chill that much worse. It was like waking up on a bench back home.

Genesis Corp, huh. All that money and they couldn't even bring the champagne. He pushed the lid of the pod up, noting the weakness in the shove. And then he noticed. Something was wrong. Quiet would have been fine but this, this was silence. No hums, no clicks, no anything, it was almost like-

And then Thomas' knees gave way.

That, he reckoned, was the point at which the day was officially a write-off. Pulling himself up took some time, especially with the innovative new angle the pilot had landed at, and getting off the bench took even longer. By the time he reached his locker enough time had passed for irritation and worry to bloom into full-blown paranoia. Getting his arm back on helped a bit, there was nothing quite so comforting as having his tools in order and the warmth of the outdated power system staved off the cold nicely, but there were things that needed attending.

Yusuf had always told Thomas to hope for the best, but as he fired up his old communicator there was a distinct worry preying on his mind. What if he was alone again...

James Phosphor

Post by James Phosphor » 15 Oct 2019, 07:54

James would look at the water assuming the ship had come into contact with a body of water. He began to debate weather or not he should descend now or try to radio help. He grabbed his radio pressing the button as he would take a deep breath.

“I’m highly unsure of what the situation of the ship is. If anyone out there please give me some kind of answer. I’m currently in the science ward;however, I may be making a sort of descent due to its condition.” He said as he would take his hand off and would sigh. ‘What in the world happened?’ He thought. James awaited an answer but steadily made his way down the hall that was very tilted now.

James wondered where the rest of the crew was. Judging by the ships position they were either in problems of their own or the worst. He wanted to believe that this was just some kind of technical problem but this was far beyond that. He wondered how his own technicality was faring though.

James stopped at another broken door and checked his arm modules. All things were in check and power was stable. He also was sure that everything was perfectly fine pre-launch. He had time to think later though he just wanted to get himself sorted before he moved on. He sighed as he slowly kept moving down awaiting some kind response via radio or just on the ship.

Thomas Hauer

Post by Thomas Hauer » 15 Oct 2019, 13:20

Thomas had feared the worst when his communicator started up, but it wasn't long before he caught signs of other activity. Nothing concrete as yet, but skipping through the channels yielded something more important than immediate success - it gave him hope. Discerning words or messages from the jumble was nigh impossible (the jumpy static reminding him more of crackling neon than speech) but someone else was out there. More than one someone, if the shaky connection was to be believed.

He took one last look around the cryo-ward, he'd come back for these people of course, but now was not the right time to wake the others. As a medic, perhaps the only one active, it was his duty to ensure the safety of those both awake and asleep before thrusting them into whatever situation they'd been landed in. Grumbling quietly to himself, Thomas made for the door. "And if they think I'm not asking for overtime, they have another thing coming - might even claim injury... oh, oh that's... Fuck." Whatever suspicions he might have had about malfunctions was confirmed now, through the porthole on the emergency airlock he saw only one thing, filling the hall. Water. A veritable ocean of water.

The kind people went into and never came back, he'd seen it before back on Earth. Sometimes when people had nothing left to lose, they'd just walk out into the murky water; preferring to take their chances with the legends than what they had waiting at home. There were whispers of what lurked there, and seeing it again reminded Thomas of just how similar he was to them now. His draft was much the same, taking the unknown over a life of pain, certain he would never return. It was time to stop running. He closed the first door of the lock behind him, waiting for the hiss. And then Thomas stepped into the water...

James Phosphor

Post by James Phosphor » 15 Oct 2019, 15:14

James would wait for some kind of sign as he continued down but to no luck. He would decend further down as he took every movement carefully. James had no clue as to what was in that water or its affects but he saw it as dangerous. He saw a side hall that he could slip to but there were no proper grips. He would sigh as he debated his decisions. Nobody seemed to be responding at the moment so he came to the conclusion that looking would be better off at the moment.

James would let go of the door he was perched at as he began to slide down. He would aim for the sidehall whilst doing it but he almost felt like he wouldn't make it. He started to grip his prosthetic against the wall which made a loud scratching noise that echoed throughout the ship. He would jump into the side hall as he would check himself over. Everything seemed in order and it appeared like he was in the engineering ward now. He started to make his way down it looking for signs of anyone. He lifted up his radio pressing the button once more.

"If anyone is out there I'm in the engineering wing. For all I know nobody is but if you can hear me please sing out." He said as he would put his radio aside. He slowly made his way down the hall as he looked for signs of anyone or anything.

Bass

Post by Bass » 15 Oct 2019, 15:57

Instead of hearing Alexis or the scientist's voice speak up over her communicator, Bass heard the voice of a man over the device a minute or two after her attempt to call anyone. Thankfully, she had heard Alexis speak back shortly after, though it was a bit choppy from how two people were trying to speak on the same length on a single device. Bass froze up upon hearing him, but was also somewhat glad about hearing Alexis again. She had no idea of who was on the other end. At first, she withheld from answering. Who does she respond to? It easily could have been one of the many people that were killing upon the ship. How they survived the crash and sounded so fine, Bass had no ideas, but she wanted to be more safe than sorry. For a while, she listened to see if anything was outside of the room she was in. Occasional groans from the ship, water... footsteps...? Bass felt her heartbeat quicken. The only thing making her still reasonable with herself was the fact that the man sounded fine. Anyone could be lost, but the fact that he sounded completely unharmed was egging her. Unsure how this would effect the conversation with both of them, she prioritized trying to help the lost man for now. She wasn't sure how much time passed, but surely not enough would have. Yet?

By the time the man spoke up again, Bass decided to give the lost stranger a reply, although somewhat quietly. She held down the button before speaking into her long range communicator. "Hello...?" She repeated, similar to last time. This time however, she decided to add a bit more- something more specific to the stranger's situation. "Um, I hear you, sir. The ship crashed earlier." She paused, unable to help herself with her curiosity nagging at her. "Pardon me if this is rude, but how are you still alive? The- The ship CRASHED." She said, making movements with her hands while talking despite nobody being around to see them. She let go of the button on the device, raising it up to her ear as she looked in the direction of the entrance. She scooted closer to the wall that was behind her, feeling one of her legs bump against a few tools as she did so.
Last edited by Bass on 20 Oct 2019, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.