Calamity

The spaceship. A once-glorious masterpiece that was capable of interstellar travel. Now it's crashed down in the centre of the Crystal Territories, by the edge of their holy lake. The AI is down, but the flickering power might just barely be enough to sap some energy from.
User avatar
Storyteller
Points:  50.50
Posts: 14
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 17:33

Fire Calamity

Post by Storyteller » 03 Oct 2019, 19:53

The engine roared, and a great hum could be heard throughout the hold. Machinery whirred inaudibly in unison. Lightning flashed in the distance, but no thunder came. Space silenced all. No nebula was in the ship's planned route, yet here they were, surrounded by what looked to be cosmic gasses and particulates. The view, should anyone awake, would be almost magical. Shining rays of the moving sun shone through the pink-purple clouds, whilst the occasional flickering of electricity further illuminated the scene of the ion storm.

Until...

KA-CRACK!

A powerful charge had built and zapped through the rear right engine of the ship. The echo could be heard through the metal chassis, and from the sudden rumbling, it was clear something was amiss. It ebbed, growing louder, and then quieter, and then louder still. Like a ticking time bomb. Crackling wires ran overhead, and sparks flew from them, searing into the metal. Plastic and rubber burned, and fires set ablaze in the distant halls, burning precious oxygen.

Meanwhile, the AI, overwhelmed by the shortcircuit in the system, shut down.

Code: Select all

Rebooting...
Loading in... 600 seconds.
Loading in... 599 seconds.
Loading in... 598 seconds.
...
The engines, left to their own devices, continued at full speed, but the weakened back thruster sent the ship off course, twisting and turning steadily into the gravity well of an uncharted planet.
Author's Note wrote:Those who wish can have the short-circuiting system cause them to come out of their cryogenic sleep early. You'll find your possessions in a nearby locker, which your keycard can access.

User avatar
Alexis
Glorious Donator
Points:  1,240.82
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 18:03
Character Location: Crystal Territories
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here
Has thanked: 1 time

Star Re: Calamity

Post by Alexis » 03 Oct 2019, 20:33

Ba-dum. Ba-dum. Ba-dum.

Eyes closed, Alexis could hear the thudding of her heart. It was fast. Loud. Her head ached. She moved weakly, feeling a tingle in her arm, and tore free the needle that was pointed into her. A standard adrenaline shot, she guessed. Taking a deep breath, she reached out and pushed the plexiglass lid of her pod upwards, only to be greeted with the deep crackling roar of the ship and engines mixed with the hissing of pressurised gasses rushing through the now open seal of the pod.

Her eyes watered from the thin presence of smoke, and she instinctively groped around for her locker, practically slamming her keycard against it. The reader didn't react, and only flashed a meaningless series of colours. Were they under attack? What was happening? She'd be darned if she missed her flight back home, so this mission had to be a success. Jumping, she slammed her elbow against the reader, cracking the plastic. She then fiddled with the torn and exposed broken wires, holding them together in the right combination until she heard a click.

Perfect.

Without missing a beat, she pulled open her locker and grabbed her trusty weaponry, including her cloak, but left her sniper rifle behind - it'd be useless in an enclosed setting such as this. Pausing for a moment, she opened the briefcase, and out popped a series of metal plates, all bending and converging together in the shape of a motorcycle. The wheels expanded, and the air was pumped into them automatically. She grinned. The environment wasn't perfect, but she needed to get to the bridge: fast!

Vroooom

User avatar
Haley Jane
Cutest Star!
Points:  718.93
Posts: 57
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 20:21
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here

Heart Re: Calamity

Post by Haley Jane » 03 Oct 2019, 23:20

The jolting was enough to wake Haley up. When the young crossdresser opened his eyes he found himself in a small container. Sadly he didn't have clothes on, nor could he truly see out of it. With a sigh he shivered in the cold icebox that was slowly getting warmer. Not wanting to be here any longer than he had to, the young man pulled both his feet up to the latched door and began to press on it with all his might. The door responded with a groan before being sent flying to the floor.

Now that he could see the rest of his surroundings. Four guys appeared in front of him with guns, they appeared to be wearing light armor as well as black masks over their faces. Just a precaution just in case anyone saw them. The leader or the man standing in front of the other three. The man aimed his pistol at Haley while he spoke.

"Come out of there bitch boy. Now and slow. If you try anything funny I will shoot you on the spot." He ordered, by the way the other men were standing casually. It was easy to tell that they didn't find Haley a threat at all. It was possible that they were new to the whole mercenary game. Without waiting Haley stepped out of the chamber and looked around at the group.

"I don't fucking know why they sent four of us. I could take you myself." He laughed after saying that, causing his associates to laugh as well. The man then walked up and placed his gun against Haley's forehead. Wanting to intimidate him before he killed him.

"You look more like a sex toy than anything else." He spit at the ground where Haley's feet were at. Still not saying anything as he bent down closer in his face.

"Saying something asswhipe. Before I blow your brains all over the wall." At that moment without skipping a beat Haley spoke.

"I'm going to give you all ten seconds to leave before I make the Texas chainsaw massacre look like a fucking joke." He replied to the man.

"Oh fuck you assho-" He didn't get to finish his sentence sadly. Haley's hand shot out Knocking the gun out of his hand. The boy then grabbed his arm and pulled it behind his back. While he himself moved with it, allowing him to place his hand on the man's shoulder so that he could lift him. Not realizing the boy was going to move so fast, the others began shooting. Trying their hardest to hit him, but all they managed to do was shoot their leader.

Using him as a shield Haley moved up to the next guy kicked at his knee, with the force of the blow he was about to knock the entire knee backwards. Breaking the bone and sending the man down to one leg. A loud blood curdling scream could be heard as he yelled. But without hesitation Haley brought his hand down and slammed the guy's head into the ground. Breaking his skull and crushing his brain. Blood pretty much went everywhere as the young merc. picked up his new victim. Without waiting for he tossed both men to their friend so that they knocked him down.

The other guy glanced at his fallen buddy but turned in time to see Haley pounce on him. Gunshots rang out as the man fired wildly. Haley rolled to the side before jumping up and thrusting his hand forward. Without hesitation the whole hand slid into his chest were his heart was. Poor scared eyes looked at Haley pleadingly but no words came out. But sadly they were aimed at person who had no mercy. Haley tore his heart out and crushed it in his hand. Allowing him to turn and look at the final guy, the man was struggling to get up as if he were going to run. It even seemed that way as he made it to the doorway. But a gunshot rang out causing him to drop dead.

Just as Alexis was on her way to the bridge she could hear all the noise going on in the room. Even see the man dropping dead on the ground as blood poured from his head. If she went to check it out she would find Haley standing in the middle of dead bodies, naked and covered in blood.

User avatar
Alexis
Glorious Donator
Points:  1,240.82
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 18:03
Character Location: Crystal Territories
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here
Has thanked: 1 time

Star Re: Calamity

Post by Alexis » 04 Oct 2019, 15:38

The vicious popping, cracking, and tearing sound of rending flesh permeated the air, along with the irony smell of blood. It hit Alexis instantly, even over the roaring of her motorcycle. One loud BANG rang out, followed by the screeee-ch of her motorcycle. She'd twisted and hammered on the brakes, sending the vehicle skidding sideways across the smooth metal floor, leaving her perfectly positioned to face a blood-soaked man. Clearly feminine in physique, and definitely not visibly strong enough to have caused this mess. In fact, the only reason Alexis knew the figure was male was because of the 'junk' between his legs.

Before she could react, the person - if they could still be called that - stomped down, splattering the already dead skull beneath their foot like a watermelon. "You don't have enough scars to face me, girlie, so don't even try."

It was almost comical, really. The girlish voice combined with the deeper threatening undertone almost made her laugh. Almost. Perhaps she would have if she had more doubt about the situation. Still, she had to take this seriously, and she wasn't one to get stumped. Despite that, she had been about to make a comment regarding the man's ironically 'pretty' face, until she noticed a large scar on his chest. She almost didn't notice it through the coat of blood. Scars like that were usually rare, nowadays, had hadn't been commonplace since swords were viable. Curious. Was it surgical?

"Tch." Her teeth pressed together behind her closed lips. She had no time to dwell on the matter.

A question first needed to be answered. Was this man a liability or danger to her mission? Given his naked appearance, he'd just come out of a pod... so were these men around him the intruders or attackers of the ship? No... they had standard uniforms, although she supposed that could have just been so they could blend in.

Thinking further, she was sure she recognised the man from somewhere. The feminine physique was rare, and she could've sworn she'd heard of a powerful mercenary like that. One who presented as female. She didn't realise they were actually a man... Alexis fancied herself as rather open-minded, but clearly they weren't trans, given how readily available body reconstruction was. A merc would definitely have access to it. Curious.

Regardless, Mercenaries, she could deal with. But why one would head all the way out into space, she was uncertain. Hoping they weren't fueled by emotions or wanderlust, she proceeded with her plan. It was only logical for him to assist her.

"We're under attack," she stated, opting to ignore that it was mere speculation on her part, but the evidence was there. "I'm heading to the bridge." She revved the engine of her motorcycle, looking Haley in the eyes. "Meet me there," she added. "Or don't." Quickly circling around, she sped off, zooming down the corridor. The smoke wasn't prevalent in this part of the ship, so she took a deep breath. Failure was not an option.
Last edited by Alexis on 04 Oct 2019, 15:39, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Haley Jane
Cutest Star!
Points:  718.93
Posts: 57
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 20:21
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here

Heart Re: Calamity

Post by Haley Jane » 04 Oct 2019, 16:29

The girl or woman before him didn't seem to care about the threat. That said a lot about her, it didn't seem that she knew who he was. That could be a big help wherever he was going.

Haley turned and looked around the room, he needed to find some clothes fast. As well as grab some weapons. At least something to start with, eventually his gaze fell upon what looked like a locked box. Probably the last gift from his owner. With a sigh, the young man walked over and broke the lock. Giving him a chance to look through the contents of the box. There appeared to be two .44 magnums in the box as well as some grenades, light armor, a fast bike, a lot of ammo, and clothes for a girl.

"Fuck him." Haley sighed as she began to pull the armor on, before finally getting his clothes on. The clothes was a set of black yoga pants and a grey hoodie. If possible it made Haley look even more like a girl. Causing him to shake his head in irritation, but sadly there was no time to waste. He picked up both guns and looked them over for a moment, before shoving them both on his lower waist holster. He then picked up the backpack and shoved the ammo in his bag.

Haley was about to leave when he noticed a machete laying next to the door. A smirk formed on his face as he walked over and picked it up. Then shoved it into the bag, it was time for him to split from this room.

The young crossdresser pulled out a black cube that held his bike. It was supposed to be a new model he knew that, a prototype that the rich were trying to form for racing. Haley tossed it on the ground causing the cube to transform into a sleep black bike. It was a low rider but would get the job done. Right now he needed to get to the bridge to meet his new friend.

Once he was finally on the bike gave a spark before shooting down the hallway after Alexis.

It didn't take him long to reach the woman. She was waiting on the bridge for him to arrive. As Haley drove up he jumped off the bike, causing it to shift back into a cube. Which he shoved in his hoodie pocket.

For a brief moment all they stared at each other. Before Alexis broke the silence by speaking.

"I'm going to go check on the ship's control room. See if there are any pilots still alive. I need you to stay here and guard the bridge." Alexis spoke as if she were talking to someone under her command, while the tone wasn't rude, it had the possibility of coming off that way. Simply from what was being said.

"I don't do shit for free girly. If I'm helping you I expect compensation, you're going to help me get to the database of everyone in this ship. I need some information as well as to remove a few things." Haley folded his arms and leaned to one side as he spoke. Normally he only took orders from one person, but he was still a Merc. So he wasn't above doing a job for payment.

User avatar
Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside
Points:  743.96
Posts: 38
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 20:26
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Calamity

Post by Nero Eldingar » 04 Oct 2019, 17:24

His vision returned to him like someone turning on a TV. He groaned slightly and blinked a few times as his eye completed it's rebooting sequence. He wiggled all his robotic limbs to be sure they still worked. Always glad to see they did he pushed his metal hand against the frosted glass, lifting it up. He didn't think it was possible but the cryosleep has made his pale skin even lighter. He picked up his ID card.

Nero... Got to remember that's my name now. Can't afford to slip up here.

He attempted to open the locker next to his pod but it returned with an error. He figured with all the rattling some of the systems may be malfunctioning.

I could hack this open but...

He shot an incredibly fast high kick into the lock. His metallic heel easily crushing it.

This is faster.

He suited up, grabbing his Vibro Blade last. Besides his clothes and mimetic suit it was the only real object he took with him. It was all he felt he needed, since he was known in the slums as the Grim Reaper... This was his scythe. After sheathing it on his back he turned and headed for the bridge. Surely there would be people there who knew what was going on.

User avatar
Alexis
Glorious Donator
Points:  1,240.82
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 18:03
Character Location: Crystal Territories
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here
Has thanked: 1 time

Star Re: Calamity

Post by Alexis » 04 Oct 2019, 20:53

"I could help you," Alexis mused. But, in truth, she lacked any incentive. She wasn't one to help out of goodwill, and she doubted Haley would let anyone invade the bridge just to spite her - they were both stuck on the same ship after all. "But I think I'll stick with my own mission, thanks."

Nodding curtly, she suppressed her grin as she walked past the strange individual, paying no note to his creative outfit choice. In truth, she couldn't help with his request any more than he could complete it himself. It would surely be heavily protected - not by physical defences, but rather layers of software security. She knew a little about bypassing hardware, but nothing about encryption.

"Do protect yourself," she added, walking away to the alternative exit door. As expected, her keycard didn't work, but the door didn't seem to be bolted shut, so she was able to wedge a the butt of her assault rifle under it to lever it open before soon slipping through the gap.

"Then I ain't taking orders from the likes of you. In fact, I'm ditching this pla-"

Slam.

The metal door slammed back down after Alexis rolled under it. Some moments passed, before the rough sounds of creaking and straining metal filled the air. Haley, rather nonchalantly, lifted the door up with one hand and strode under it, before smoothly letting go and letting it slam back down.

"It's rude to turn your back on someone who's talking to you." Haley commented, walking briskly to catch up with Alexis. She hadn't opted to take her motorcycle, as the systems room was closeby.

Pausing, Alexis stopped and looked at Haley, smiled softly, and opened her mouth. "I know," she chirped, before doing a complete one-eighty and pressing her palms against the wall. She made a shushing sound before Haley could speak up about this, and pressed her ear between her hands, listening through the wall.

Crackling. The crackling of fire. And it was most certainly close by.

"Ehehe~" she pulled away from the wall, laughing nervously under Haley's scrutinising gaze - not that she could take any of the man's expressions seriously. "This ain''t good..."
Last edited by Dabony on 04 Oct 2019, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Haley Jane
Cutest Star!
Points:  718.93
Posts: 57
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 20:21
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here

Heart Re: Calamity

Post by Haley Jane » 04 Oct 2019, 21:14

Haley watched her laugh with an unamused poker face. With a sigh he rolled his eyes and pulled out one of his pistols, before walking up to the door. The young man quickly kicked it open before stepping inside to look around further.

The entire place seemed to be mostly on fire, luckily there was no one inside. But a lot of the controls had been pretty well damaged. If this was an attack they knew just where to strike to cripple the whole ship. As Haley walked in Alexis raised an eyebrow at him, but didn't say anything. She did peak from behind the door to see what was going on.

Once the fire roared to life more and began to expand. Haley raised his hand up to shield himself from the heat.

"It's empty in here. Besides the fire of course." He started to look around for a fire extinguisher, but the only one was on the opposite side of the wall. Sadly that had been one of the few things that didn't upgrade with the modern world.

"It's not worth my life. If you're looking for your pilot friends they aren't here." The young crossdresser said as he looked back at Alexis. For a brief moment Haley thought he saw a computer but it looked badly damaged.

"I'm sure there is a security room near here somewhere. If we look around we can find where the people attacking the ship are. As well as where the pilots ran off to." Haley didn't wait to see what she would say, he needed to find them himself now. Since the girl wasn't going to help him she really wasn't useful.

User avatar
Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside
Points:  743.96
Posts: 38
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 20:26
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Calamity

Post by Nero Eldingar » 04 Oct 2019, 22:08

His robotic legs carried him at a pretty quick pace. Much faster than any organic legs could. He was curious at how empty the ship seemed. The first group of people he saw out of pods was a group of slaughtered security guards. He stopped to investigate. There was an open pod in front of the carnage.

Well shit... This looks like the work of a professional.

A nervous grin spread across his face as he turned and continued down the halls. There aren't many people out there who could take out a group of security like that... but he was more curious as to why the guards even picked a fight with a passenger.

He arrived at a locked door. He doubted his card would work but tried anyway. Of course... an error. He sighed as he drew his blade and turned it on. The sharp metal made an ominous hum. With two swift strikes in an X formation before performing a spinning kick. The metal bent outward with a loud creak. He stepped through the hole he created to see two women.

He knows a killer when he sees one. They were both killers. He could tell from their gear they were both from the city. Or atleast they were rich. He had spent all his own money on good prosthetics, and invested in a good sword as he wouldn't need to spend money on ammo. He turned his sword off and slowly sheathed it again.

"Well hello ladies... Are you two also trying to figure out what's going on?"

His voice was pretty flat and monotonous with the slightest hint of robotic distortion.
Last edited by Nero Eldingar on 04 Oct 2019, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Alexis
Glorious Donator
Points:  1,240.82
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 18:03
Character Location: Crystal Territories
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here
Has thanked: 1 time

Star Re: Calamity

Post by Alexis » 04 Oct 2019, 22:45

"It seems we're the only ones out of the pods," Alexis stated. The halls were silent besides the violent crackling of flames... and the quick metal thudding of footsteps.
Nero Eldingar wrote:
04 Oct 2019, 22:08
"Well hello, ladies... Are you two also trying to figure out what's going on?"
"We are," Alexis nodded. "Although..." she gestured crudely towards Haley with her thumb. "That ain't no-" she looked at Haley, wondering if she should continue, or if it would be beneficial to do so. When she didn't continue, Haley spoke up:

"Piss off. I'm a dude, mate," the effeminate mercenary spoke.

"Tch," was Alexis's only immediate response. They'd wasted enough time already. "Regardless, the AI is down, and we're light-years from Earth. There isn't help coming, so we need some of the pilots and tech heads up and about, stat."

Urgh. Why did I agree to this? Alexis was already regretting signing up for the mission, and the ship would need some serious repairs. That would definitely delay her return journey, although she supposed she could wait in one of the cryopods... Everything was just so fucked, and all the pieces were falling apart. Despite this, she visibly held together, seemingly quick thinking.

Without the power reliably working, their ID cards were useless - and those were the exact things they needed to open the cryopods. Waking someone up manually could kill them. They were, in short, on their own. Unless this new fellow knew enough about mechanics to bypass the mechanism.

"We're under attack, by something. And I'd wager there's some suicidal fuck on board sabotaging the mission," she spat. People who acted emotionally disgusted her. Self-destruction would always be illogical in her mind, regardless of the perceived benefits after death. "That, or there are aliens," she added, trying to inject some humour into the situation.

"Do what you will, but I'm going back to the bridge. The AI should be back online soon. That should have some info for us." And with that, she stormed off, her black cloak billowing behind her.
Last edited by Alexis on 04 Oct 2019, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Haley Jane
Cutest Star!
Points:  718.93
Posts: 57
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 20:21
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here

Heart Re: Calamity

Post by Haley Jane » 04 Oct 2019, 23:18

Haley watched as the woman started to leave. It was at this point that he had enough. Without hesitation his hand shot out grab her's.

Alexis started to pull away but then felt the group tighten. For most people it would have been too late, but for her it was just a start. Once Haley went to pull her closer she was already bringing her leg up to kick at his side. But sadly that only resulted in making him more angry. Once the foot connected he grunted but then wrapped it up under his arm. Gritting his teeth he spun and lowered himself, before dropping Alexis on the ground. Once he did so it was a struggle between both of them before Haley got her hands behind her back. Before finally pinning her with a knee.

"The hell are you trying to pull?!" Alexis growled as she started to shake. Trying to free herself enough so that she could grab her gun. Maybe she had been wrong about Haley, perhaps he was trying to stand in her way.

"Shut up." Haley commented as he looked up at the new person.

"Alright now that I got this one in one place. Maybe we can come up with a real plan. If the A.I. is going to be on soon we need it to run a diagnosis on the place. I would like to get this ship turned around and sent back home. But to do that we need mechanics and the pilots. So grab a nearby earpiece and I'll do the same." This time he looked down at Alexis.

"I don't give a shit if you die. You don't seem smart enough to stop and listen. Those guys on the ship might not be the only ones here to kill me. If that's the case you're next on the menu. Don't think they'll stop at me. Kinda not what they are here for. Plus I don't anyone is stupid enough to send only four people after me." Haley then jumped off her before stepping back from the group. Now that he was in the light both of them could see his face a little more clear. Despite the blood all over him his facial features Nero might have been able to recognize him.

Alexis jumped up right away and pulled her gun out on him. She was a little pissed off that at.

"Don't worry about me. You should be more worried about yourself. If you put your hands on me again I'll make sure your gender matches your clothes." Alexis said as she glared at him. But just in case, Haley tried it again she kept her gun out.

The young man snorted and went back into the burning room. Before coming out with three head sets. With each one he tossed at both people.

"To keep in contact with each other." Haley said before turning to walk past Nero.

User avatar
Sarah Jäger
Psycho Mechanic
Points:  485.44
Posts: 34
Joined: 03 Oct 2019, 02:03
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here

Re: Calamity

Post by Sarah Jäger » 05 Oct 2019, 03:20

Sarah had woken up freezing her ass off because of a malfunction in the cryogenic chamber she was put in, the wiring and everything around her was going up in sparks, except for her little dugout in one of the garages. She weakly pushed her way out, not even noticing that she was pricked with an adrenaline shot into her right arm on the way out.

God she felt like shit, her body was so god damn cold. She used her mechanical left arm to push the glass pane forward, allowing her to climb out with some difficulty. First thing she noticed was the lights from the cieling dangling and the wires sparking something fierce. The first thing she did wasn't to grab any of her gear, it was to turn on the radio in her buggy and tune it to the emergency line. The one set for this kind of situation specifically. "Hello? Anyone there? I'm not sure what the hell is going on but it's not right. This place sounds like it's about to blow any second. This is uhmm... private Jäger of the scout recon team, I just woke up from that cryogenic sleep chamber after a malfunction with the equipment. Anyone out there, repeat." As Sarah finished those last words and went to her locker, she smelled smoke and cursed at her self softly while rewiring the electronic lock system rather quickly. She quickly grabbed her double barrel, and her clothes, full leather jacket, T-shirt, jeans, running shoes and a six extra rounds she snuck in along with her gun, not that security was tight.

She got back to the buggy and waited. Considering she had no fucking clue what was going on, and found safety in the buggy. All there was to do was to wait and hopefully get a response from someone, anyone, cause she had zero clue on what was going on due to her getting out later than the others currently riding/ running around inside of the ship. And the bridge was much to far away from the vehicle bay. The adrenaline didn't help her thought process either, infact she was wondering if she was the only one up. She didn't want to leave, considering where would she go? The ship is far too big for her to be simply walking in a time like this, and the hallways were too tight for Sarah to drive through. That left her with one option, sit and wait for radio response.

User avatar
Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside
Points:  743.96
Posts: 38
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 20:26
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Calamity

Post by Nero Eldingar » 05 Oct 2019, 04:45

"Oh. Well my apologies, sir."

Nero took a better look at the guy. Taking a closer look didn't help much. Still pretty much looked like a girl. But soon, as his face became easier to see, everything clicked in Nero's mind. There was only one crossdressing killer who visited the slums. This was none other than Haley Jane.

The stories of what this guy did were about as long as stories about himself. The only difference is that no one ever saw the Reaper. Hayley however could just walk right up to his target, killing anyone trying to stop him along the way. Some crime bosses from the slums tried contracting him the kill Hayley, but they could not offer enough money to attempt to tangle with him.

Nero almost wanted to laugh. Just his luck to be stuck on a ship with this guy. At least his identity was extremely well hidden. Some people didn't even believe that he existed. He didn't recognize the girl, but maybe he's heard about her. After their little scuffle he thought of a way he could maybe find out.

"If we're gonna be working together how about some names huh? I'm Nero, computer technician. Once the AI is back online I might be able to see exactly what's going on here."

It was almost comical to introduce himself that way. He wasn't sure they were going to buy it as he didn't very much look like a technician. At least he had the skills to back the claim. He caught the headset Hayley threw at him. Shortly after setting it up a new voice came through.

"Private Jäger, this is Nero of the tech crew. I hear you loud and clear. We're near the bridge if you'd like to meet up. Over."

User avatar
Alexis
Glorious Donator
Points:  1,240.82
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 18:03
Character Location: Crystal Territories
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Calamity

Post by Alexis » 05 Oct 2019, 16:00

Sarah Jäger wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 03:20
"Hello? Anyone there? I'm not sure what the hell is going on but it's not right. This place sounds like it's about to blow any second. This is uhmm... private Jäger of the scout recon team, I just woke up from that cryogenic sleep chamber after a malfunction with the equipment. Anyone out there, repeat."
Nero Eldingar wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 04:45
"Private Jäger, this is Nero of the tech crew. I hear you loud and clear. We're near the bridge if you'd like to meet up. Over."
Alexis had reluctantly donned the headset after hearing Nero talking. It was a waste of time, they were all fucked. Still, when the AI rebooted, she wanted to be there. Despite being a small stretch, the walk to the bridge didn't go by quickly. Her mind lingered on every little detail. She made a point of walking just a bit faster than the frustratingly feminine mercenary, and, upon reaching the door to the bridge first, she tapped her foot upon the ground and gestured to Haley, silently making her demands.

Haley rolled his eyes. "Alright, princess," he snorted, then bent down and effortlessly lifted the metal door.

Ducking, Alexis slipped underneath as quickly as she could, not trusting him to keep it steady above her head. 'Nero', followed afterwards, walking normally, yet clearly displaying a bit of shock upon seeing the state of things. Flashing lights had the place lit up like a Christmas tree, albeit almost all of them were red.

User avatar
Storyteller
Points:  50.50
Posts: 14
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 17:33

Re: Calamity

Post by Storyteller » 05 Oct 2019, 16:10

As the three heroes finally reached the bridge, two things happened. The AI, which had been dormant all this time due to the flickering power, finally came online. A series of notifying chimes echoed throughout the ship before a global announcement was broadcast.

"Intruders on the bridge. Intruders on the bridge. Unauthorised personnel on the bridge."

Two miniguns poked down from the ceiling and pointed at the trio. The barrels began to spin and turn, winding up until...

A crackle could be heard from the AI's screen, and a display flickered on. The miniguns stopped spinning and steadily retracted. "Emergency procedures activated. Presence authorised. Beginning system diagnostics..."

Many strings of code ran down the screen, including numbers, starting at 0% and steadily increasing.
Last edited by Storyteller on 05 Oct 2019, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sarah Jäger
Psycho Mechanic
Points:  485.44
Posts: 34
Joined: 03 Oct 2019, 02:03
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here

Re: Calamity

Post by Sarah Jäger » 05 Oct 2019, 20:06

Nero Eldingar wrote: "Private Jäger, this is Nero of the tech crew. I hear you loud and clear. We're near the bridge if you'd like to meet up. Over."
Sarah smiled to herself, she glad that she wasn't the only one actually conscious on this god forsaken ship. "I'll try and make it there, it's going to take a while though. I was stationed along with the other scouts in the vehicle bay. Our work would've began right away once we landed."

Sarah was still cold as hell but atleast she knew where to start running, well carefully run with all the exposed wiring and sparks in the vehicle bay itself. The sad part was that she had to leave her vehicle behind for now. And with a silent goodbye and a sly movement past a few swinging wires and she was off running towards the ships command center A.K.A the bridge. Towards hopefully allies. She knew little about what the hell was going on here but she knew that sticking together would mean atleast she wouldn't die alone.
Last edited by Sarah Jäger on 05 Oct 2019, 20:19, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Bass
Points:  991.02
Posts: 33
Joined: 05 Oct 2019, 12:47
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here

Re: Calamity

Post by Bass » 06 Oct 2019, 11:57

Bass Masora finally awoke from her own slumber inside one of the many cryogenic chambers inside the large, rectangular room that was designed to fit them. Along with the pain that was affecting her whole body like a wildfire, there was a comparatively small tingle in her right arm that might as well have been only a nuisance. The young woman groaned- this was definitely the worst way she had woken up. The pod door as well the pod itself that was supposed to keep her trapped inside of the chamber was damaged. The door hung a bit to the side in a way it definitely shouldn't, not quite completely out of Bass' way but leaving a lot of room. It would be easier to push out of the way, but the smell of death came from beyond, somewhere outside in the room she was in, she guessed. As if the pain wasn't enough, she felt sick to her stomach merely from the stench alone.

Holding back the urge to vomit on herself, Bass blindly reached forwards as she tried to recall where she was, exactly. Sparking wires and distant fire as well the occasional groan that came from the STS Genesis-02 were the only things she could hear. For one moment she thought she heard distant footsteps as well, though quickly dismissed it upon failing to focus on the sound. Her hand came into contact with the pod door, and she pushed. The door resisted for just a second before shifting and completely falling off of the component it was supposed to be wired to. It landed on the ground with a loud thud, and sparks came from the part it was attached to, though of course, Bass couldn't see them. The smell of death got worse, and Bass wasn't sure if she was smelling smoke or not. Either way, she knew that wherever she was at the moment upon the ship, the entire ship most likely wasn't the safest place to be right now.

Bass felt around ahead of herself to make sure nothing was in the way and tentatively stepped forwards, pushing herself out of the still cold cryogenic pod. Nearly tripping while exiting the machine, the lady caught herself from falling and stumbled forwards. She turned and looked in every direction there was, carefully listening if there was anyone else nearby. All there was to greet her were the sounds of the ship slowly caving in on itself.

"Hello...!?" She called out, hoping someone would be there to hear her. Her voice was slightly hoarse, which made her call mostly useless as it was too quiet.

By now, she had remembered where she was. The realization of such an exciting journey having turned into a giant pile of terror horrified her, though she tried not to panic. she had be trying not to panic for some time now. Finding not much else to do but gather her belongings, she carefully made her way back to her pod and felt along it. From there, she started to slowly walk to the right, using the pods to guide her as they were as good as walls at the moment. Occasionally she would quickly take a step back or yank her hand away due to nearly burning her hand or stabbing her foot on a jagged piece of metal that was laying around.

It took a while, but she eventually made it to the lockers that were just outside of the room. They were somewhat big, so Bass knew it would take a while until she found her own supplies. She knew they required a keycard, but couldn't be bothered to search around for hers that was somewhere in the last room. While searching for hers, she already found that some of the lockers were already open. Little still had equipment in them, though she quickly recognized that they didn't belong to her and left them for now. The others were of course empty. Eventually, she stumbled upon another that was open, though this time she quickly recognized that her own belongings were inside. She sighed from relief to herself, reaching inside and quickly pulling out her clothes, dragging a few other things out on accident. She heard a few things clack to the floor, but ignored it for now as she got dressed as quickly as possible. A t-shirt, jeans and running shoes-- she guessed merely from touch alone, feeling along the belonging as she did with the other lockers that had items inside them. Perfect. They barely helped with her cold body, however. Once she was done she started patting the floor with a hand for her other items. Two handguns, a Recharger and Purifier. Perfect. She put them away into her pockets- though she couldn't fit the purifier, so she ended up having to carry it along with herself.

Now fully dressed and with all of her own belongings, Bass frowned. She was glad to have what she needed, but the entire ship was now a dangerous maze. A maze she didn't even know the exit to. She cleared her throat and slowly started to move forwards, growing anxious as the sounds of fire only grew louder, destroyed wiring being a constant when it came to sound. She moved rather slowly, not wanting to bump into anything or injure herself from the ship's debris.

User avatar
Haley Jane
Cutest Star!
Points:  718.93
Posts: 57
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 20:21
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here

Heart Re: Calamity

Post by Haley Jane » 06 Oct 2019, 14:29

Haley took a moment to wait for the A.I. to start up a he turned to look at Nero for a moment. But after that he turned and looked away.

The group sat there in silence, until the A.I was fully ready. Luckily it the process went a little faster the longer it went on. Once it fully came on Haley looked again at Nero.

"Go get the woman who's waiting for us at the bay. I'll give you instructions as I look for where the damage is." Haley said before taking a deep breath.

"A.I. I need you to pull up a file on Haley Jane." He said with a bit of bitterness in his tone. There was a loud pinging noise before a computer screen appeared in front of all of them. The screen held Haley's profile picture as well as all the details about his life. The record of kills that he had was pretty amazing and possible scary. Nearing the 600's place.

"A.I. delete file on Haley Jane." He said once more before folding his arms. A red light flashed before the screen turn red. In large letters REQUEST DENIED showed up.

"Fuck. Well I'll have to deal with that later. Anyway A.I. pull up the location of miss Jager." There was a bit more frustration in his voice this time. Luckily the A.I. respond as the map opened up. With that he turned to look at Nero.

"I'm sure you can manage finding and getting her right?" Haley asked as he looked back at the screen. Nero blinked for a moment before nodding and heading off.

"Alright A.I. bring up a diagnosis of the ships damage." Haley asked.

User avatar
Alexis
Glorious Donator
Points:  1,240.82
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 18:03
Character Location: Crystal Territories
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Calamity

Post by Alexis » 06 Oct 2019, 15:35

Alexis grinned smugly as the AI denied Haley's request, before frowning upon the following message from the AI:

"Diagnostics incomplete. Sensory arrays two-b and four-c are damaged." Its voice was smooth, robotic, and feminine. AI could perfectly mimic human voices, but it was generally too unnerving, so most manufacturers gifted their AI with a more robotic and artificial tone.

After the AI finished speaking, a holographic map of the ship appeared before the trio. Half of the ship was layered with flashing red dots, and the other half was shrouded with black and greyed out. The hologram spun around slowly, giving everyone a good look at the damage undergone by the ship.

"Running simulations to determine damage origin..." the AI droned on in the background, over the sound of the warning sirens. "Prior external collision due to unidentified gravity well most likely. Probability sixty-seven-percent."

The fuck was that supposed to mean? So the ship forgot about a star or planet and hit something? How was that even likely or possible. Alexis wasn't a pro, but she knew the chances of actually hitting someone on their journey was slim to none... but here it was, the evidence staring her in the face. "AI. Run repair simulations. When can we be operational enough to return home?" she finally spoke her demands, trying her best to stay composed.

"Calculating..."

Hopefully this doesn't take too long. Alexis glanced at the tech-head, wondering what his thoughts on the matter were.

"Calculating..."

Before anyone else could speak following the pseudo-silence (there was a lot of background noise), the AI chimed in again, one more time:

"Insufficient data."

Fuck.

User avatar
Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside
Points:  743.96
Posts: 38
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 20:26
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Calamity

Post by Nero Eldingar » 06 Oct 2019, 16:30

Haley Jane wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 14:29
"A.I. delete file on Haley Jane." He said once more before folding his arms. A red light flashed before the screen turn red. In large letters REQUEST DENIED showed up.

Pff. Too slow, kid.

He was well aware why any merc or assassin wouldn't want their record on file, especially with a kill count as high as that. Nero wasn't too sure of his own, but it totally had to be about the same... He watched as the system ran diagnostics, regretting posing as a technician seeing all the damn problems the ship had. His eye grew wider as the problems kept racking up. This was no joke... A gravity well? How the hell did the autopilot miss something big enough to have it's own fucking gravity well?! He wasn't too surprised there wasn't enough data to simulate repairs. Things on the ship were most likely broken and warped in a way the AI didn't understand.

"Your best bet on getting that thing to show you anything helpful is by simulating repairs one thing at a time.. But that would take forever and none of us look like mechanics... For now let's just see if anyone else wakes up.."

He turned to look at the big screen.

"AI. Monitor all cryopods, notify us when one is opened."

The hologram of the ship panned and zoomed to all areas that housed the pods. 4 of them were already red, one being in the vehicle bay. He may have needed a refresher on where was that was... As he turned and began to walk away the AI began to speak again.

'Be advised. Crypod 0-562 opening. Cryopod 0-562 opening.'

He looked to see a new pod beginning to blink on the way to the vehicle bay. He smirked at the other two before he began to head out again.

"I'll go get them as well." He tapped on his earpiece to speak to Jäger. "Jäger, this is Nero again, I'm coming to get you. Going to have to take a detour as another passenger woke up. It'd be real nice if you had vehicle ready for the three of us once I get there. Over."

And with that he began his sprint toward to pods once again.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests