A Bumpy Landing

The spaceship. A once-glorious masterpiece that was capable of interstellar travel. Now it's crashed down in the centre of the Crystal Territories, by the edge of their holy lake. The AI is down, but the flickering power might just barely be enough to sap some energy from.
Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside
Character Location: STS Genesis-02
Roster: Click Here
Purchase Log: Click Here

Re: A Bumpy Landing

Post by Nero Eldingar » 14 Nov 2019, 20:43

Standing up after Lang shrugged, he felt a bit annoyed that Gem seemed to just disappear.

"Well... Gemini was supposed to get the info out of this guy..."

He said, pointing to Jacob.

"Oh. Uh. The masked guy I told you about, he's right here, tangled up in roots. Gemini is the woman that was flying the shuttle. She's a scientist or something."

Mentioning the roots brought Nero's attention to them. They seemed to be loosening. Like the roots were dying. He wondered if it was because The alien who created them was far away, or stopped focusing on them. Nero quickly drew his sword. A very audible Shwiiing would be heard, followed by the hum of vibrating metal fading away. Jacob would see and feel that Nero had actually cut his roots.

"Let's be civil now... I don't want to hurt you. I just want answers. Let's start with the answers for these two questions, are you brainwashed? and are you mute?"

He was ready to swing his sword again should the masked man try and attack him once again. If he did, it would confirm in Nero's mind that he's gone savage due to some meddling in his brain by the aliens.

Bass

Post by Bass » 15 Nov 2019, 16:16

"Oh. I thought he was talking using paper to communicate with you or something similar." Bass murmured, keeping to the side for now. She wasn't quite sure what their plan of action was now, as their pilot was gone. She was glad to finally get her actual name, though. The tall woman winced at the sound of Nero's blade being put to work. It sounded dangerously close and generally dangerous-- it were as if the heat from molten lava had somehow carried into sound.

She recollected herself upon hearing the man's familiar curious yet cautious tone. She turned in the direction of the boxes, scooting a little further away from the two. She wasn't feeling like the safest she had ever been, and she guessed that it wouldn't really change for a while. They planned to go talk to the aliens here, after all...

Jacob Lang
"Hex" The Fox Mask Dude
Character Location: Crystal Territories

Post by Jacob Lang » 18 Nov 2019, 00:49

Lang flinched slightly as the roots around him were cut. He began to stand up slowly, dutsting himself off a bit, then looked at them both. Especially at Nero. He though for a few seconds, he didn't think he was brain washed. He seemed pretty rational. He though about the question for a few more seconds.

Then, he put up one of his fingers- for qeustion one- and shook his head side to said, signifying, no. Though, thats exactly what someone who is brainwashed would say. Then raised up a second finder- for question 2- and shook his head up and down, signifying, yes. He was mute. He was still pretty pissed though, but he wasn't going attack.
Do not fear what is new.

Nero Eldingar
The Ghost Inside

Post by Nero Eldingar » 18 Nov 2019, 19:33

"Then what the hell were you thinking!"

Nero shouted, darting his hand out to lightly hit Lang in the chest with the back of his hand. This wasn't at all meant to hurt him, just a light jab to express his frustration with him. He sighed as he returned his sword to it's sheath. He looked at Bass, curious as to why she said that. Was she able to tell he was mute somehow?

All we need is a deaf person now...

He thought to himself as realized he was now in the company of someone who is blind and someone who is mute. Despite how Bass knew, her mention of paper and pencil was probably the best way to communicate with this guy since he did not know sign language. And even if Bass knew how to sign she wouldn't be able to see Lang's response. He began to rummage around the ship for something Lang can write on. Meanwhile he addressed an earlier question bass had.

"Should you decide to come, Bass, I'll be watching your interaction with the aliens while hidden. I may be a computer technician but I obviously have other talents, stealth being one of my greatest. If we learn from this guy on how to communicate with them then you will try to do that. Then, since they won't be able to understand you speaking English, you will be telling me with your radio everything. What they are saying, how they are treating you, etcetera. I doubt they even have the slightest clue of what a radio is so I'm sure you could speak with me right in front of them and it won't matter. If possible try to get them to tell you what they plan on doing about us. I'm sure it's not much of an act if you do this but, talk like you don't agree with our actions and express that you don't feel safe with your own kind. But let them know you desire peace and wish to know the fate of your fellow humans. Something along those lines. Depending on what happens I'll either walk in there or find the leader separately and speak with them alone. The worst worst case scenario is we die, the best worst case scenario is I take as many of them down as you run, Best case scenario is we come to some agreement."

After awhile he does manage to find a notebook and pen. He hands them to Lang.

"Were you able to speak with them? And if so, write how."

He turns back to Bass in case she has any more input about his plan.

Bass

Post by Bass » 19 Nov 2019, 18:28

The blind woman didn't quite know what was wrong with the man Nero was apparently talking with, although she guessed that there were simply things she shouldn't hear. Rather ironically, Bass jumped from surprise at the sudden yell from the technician, eyes wide. She wasn't quite sure if he meant herself or the other, but she kept silent and her 'sight' glued to the boxes in front of her. Soon afterwards, she began idly and quietly rummaging throughout them. They weren't really supposed to distract people, but that is what Bass wanted at the moment. Especially if they started fighting. She heard that hit.

While messing around with the box and it's contents, she quietly listened to Nero as she spoke to him about the 'plan' for later. Like a child knowing dinner was going to be something they didn't enjoy, she wasn't really looking forwards to the plan. It was tossed around multiple times in her own head, played with and tinkered to see if anything could be altered. Ultimately, nothing. But, from him? A lot, and a lot more. It took a bit longer for all of the information to catch up to her, but she managed. The scenarios that were explained didn't really seem appealing either. By now, she thought she was too far embedded to not be a part of the plan. It simply was, now.

By the time he was finished, she guessed that his last sentence was meant for the other person. Nero knew she was blind, after all. "I suppose I will come..." She murmured, stirring with the contents of a box that had multiple MREs stored within. "It would be kinda bad leaving you to handle it all by yourself. And you seem to have given it a lot of thought anyways." She cleared her throat before picking up one of the unknown bags and started feeling along it to discover what it was. Her voice got quieter, sounding nearly like a forced hush. At the same time, it grew a bit strained. Some of her hidden emotions were boiling to the forefront. "Also, I wouldn't mind if we changed the 'best-worst case' to me dying and you running away. I-I'm not really..." Bass cut herself off, turned her head further away from the others as she frowned and continued fumbling with the bag. Again, not a good distraction. "I'm just work."